Yes, I'm pretty excited about it. I realized while I was standing there that I love the smell of libraries. It's a weird almost musty smell, but I like it. I don't think I'd like it if it was somewhere else, like in my house or something. I also love that I can now read to my heart's content without spending any more money on books I will probably only read once and I can also get movies, bridal magazines (those things are $$ and almost all ads) or whatever else.
I got two books today - The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult and Deception Point by Dan Brown. It's a pretty small library and they didn't have the two in particular that I was looking for, but I plan on reserving them soon. I've never read anything buy Jodi Picoult but she seems to be highly recommended, so I'm going to read that one first. Yay!
In other news: the tetanus shot I got in my arm yesterday is a big ugly lump and hurts like hell.
Since this post was pretty boring and I wish I could have a drink tonight:
10 comments:
Tenth Circle is good. You’ve got to read 19 Minutes and My Sister’s Keeper, too. Best books ever.
I own Deception Point, but haven’t read it. Keep me posted.
Libraries are like heaven.
I had My Sister’s Keeper in my hand too. I’ll go for it next.
Good choice, I liked The Tenth Circle.
And for the record, I think the day I got my library card last year was one of the happiest days of my life.
Jessie and KBB - Deception Point is great. I really liked it - it’s hard to put down.
Which library did you end up going to? I have a yooooge fine on my library card, so whenever I go I can’t actually borrow any books. Because I’m a cheapskate.
I ended up going to the Cedarburg library. I had to do a business account since I don’t live in Ozaukee Co.
I’m a toolbox, but I love Dan Brown. After Deception Point, pick up Angels and Demons and (I think it’s called) Digital Fortress.
I love the library. I need to get my butt over to the Shorewood ‘brary to get a card.
Oooh I’ve read Angels and Demons and DaVinci Code - so good!
I LOVE the library. When I was younger, I used to put all my books on the floor in my bedroom and pretend I was a librarian..scanning them in to my system and assigning due dates to myself. Oh yeah, good times =)
Christi that mental picture was too funny.
Post a Comment