September 23, 2007

Race for the cure - after

Ok. So briefly wondering if I was going to keel over and die while walking a 5k was silly.

We couldn't have asked for better weather today. It was sunny, breezy, not hot, but not too cool. I had a good time and it was great to meet the knotties (aka FIFs) on the team who were able to make it (Sara, Emily, Sara, Ang, Rheanna, Shiela, Patty, Jessica, Natasha, and Krystal). Afterwards we went to Barclay's Cafe for brunch (and mimosas) and holy crap it was good!

I think the sore throat and stuffy nose I started feeling last night is actually turning in to something, so I'm going to post some pictures and take a nap.

I feel the need to mention that while walking past a group of people during the walk, I actually heard a man use the term "Big Girl Panties." It was fantastic, and I couldn't share it with anyone at the time it happened because they were so close to us.



Before the race at Ang's house



Waiting for it to start



Just a fraction of the people participating in the walk



Group pic at the turnaround point - taken by a man in a hot pink wig :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! Looks like you ladies had a blast.

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you too!

Anonymous said...

I thought that for sure I would see you guys. But, then we got there and actually realized how many people were participating.

Glad you guys all enjoyed yourselves.

Anonymous said...

I didn’t realize quite how many there were until we started coming down that hill by the war memorial and I saw the sea of people.

Did you and your mom have a good time?

Anonymous said...

Yes! We had a great time. It was a good thing to do

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you! looks like fun i miss you. xoxo

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker