January 3, 2008

Here I am. Not smoking.



My last cigarette was January 1st, 2008, at approximately 4:30 am. A friend has informed me that it takes 72 hours to get the nicotine out of your body. In a little over 3 hours I'll be halfway there.

Corey is outside smoking. Right. Now.

Jerk.

Originally, I was going to quit when I started trying to get pregnant. Then, I was going to quit when I got down to 155 lbs (10 lbs from where I started). Yes, I just posted my weight for the world to see. I don't care. Anyway, then we were both going to quit once we finished what we had because starting yesterday, the price of cigs went up $1 per pack. WTF? Good idea Wisconsin. You are going to save some lives, and you are going to make some people realize how much willpower they lack and make some extra $$ for the people who couldn't hack it.

Well, when I woke up yesterday I felt like shit from Corey and I drinking every last drop of alcoholic beverage in the house celebrating the end of another year. Since I did feel well I thought I'd try to make it through the day. I did.

So that's the story. And here I am. Still not smoking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I’m a lurker coming out of the closet right now to send some happy thoughts your direction.

I just genuinely want to wish you good luck on this. My boyfriend quit smoking in June and I’ve watched him struggle, fail and succeed. I’ve watched him sweat and swear through cravings and I’ve watched him transform his life from smoker to nonsmoker. I also watched my mother do the same in 2007. I still have to remind my boyfriend from time to time that he’s always going to be a smoker who chooses not to smoke. And I hope you’ll remember that, too. You’ll have to choose everyday for quite some time, but when you get through that, you’ll be so proud you did.

Good luck in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Keep going!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Your story sounds exactly like that of my co-worker’s. She vowed to quit with the buck-a-pack price increase, but her live-in boyfriend is still smoking. I’m wishing you (and my co-worker) success!!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it!! It won’t be easy…in fact, it’ll be one of the harder things you do in life. But if you really want to make this change, you will. Good luck!! (P.S. The gum really helped my partner quit.)

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker