Because that is how I’m eating now that I’m a non-smoker. No wonder everyone bitches about gaining weight when they quit. Smoking was keeping us all from shoveling mountains of other shit through our lips.
I gained 3 lbs over Christmas, and then it was gone almost as fast as it came. Now I’m back up - higher than I was before I started keeping track of food and exercise on sparkpeople. People with sleep disorders have a hard enough time losing weight (basically, REM sleep is an important part of metabolism). While I was smoking I was at least holding fairly steady. The combination of quitting and crappy sleep is sending me in a direction I don’t want to go. I have a wedding dress to fit into for crying out loud. Don’t worry - I’m not going to smoke again. That would be lame.
I’ve lost track of my calls to the VA to try to get appointments. I sort of want to cry, but not as much as I want to sleep.
3 comments:
I would worry about the smoking first, and the weight loss later. Not that you should let it get out of control, but that is the lesser health risk.
Maybe do something like not pay any attention to your weight for January to make sure you have kicked the habit, and the in February, focus on getting back to the weight you want? These things are easier to do one at a time! Putting on 10 pounds for a little while is not a big deal in the long run.
just to let you know… you’ve inspired me to join that website… I’ve been trying to do it myself, but it doesn’t work out very well…so hopefully this will help… kudos to you for not smoking also!!! yay!
Good luck Amanda!
I think I’m going to just not weigh myself anymore until I sleep more normal. One thing at a time. 1st - smoking, 2nd - sleep, 3rd - the gut.
Post a Comment