January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!



I feel like crap. We didn't leave the house but that didn't stop us from consuming any and every alcohol filled beverage in the place. Other than my run to McD's for a hangover cure and side of fries, we haven't moved all day. Nothing but pajamas, football, and the internets all day long.

Speaking of football, it was great to watch Fresno State win the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl over Georgia Tech (40-28) yesterday. It wasn't a cool big name bowl game or anything but hey, it was still a bowl game and I still got to see a sea of familiar Fresno faces all over ESPN2. Also in football...how great was it watching the Pack run over the Lions? I don't know about you but I thought it was fantastic. My joy over another Packers' win was followed closely by the Cowboys' and Vikings' losses. It was a good week for football in our house. Wisconsin lost today so Corey is a little bummed, but I have no real tie to UW and can't honestly say that I care much. Sorry.

Anyway, back to New Year's. Here are some pictures displaying just how classy our last moments of 2007 were.

We started the evening by watching Ocean's Thirteen which was unexpectedly good and funny. Then Corey cooked up baked potatoes and some steaks on our spankin new George Foreman grill. That thing is seriously awesome. We should have bought one (or put one on our Christmas list) years ago. The steaks were perfect and juicy and done very fast. I can't wait to try it with some other stuff! I took a picture of it because it looked so delicious but I don't want to gross out the vegetarians that read my blog.

[You know you are a grown-up when small kitchen appliances are THIS exciting. We also got a coffee maker for Christmas that became the first object of my affection.]

After dinner we were salivating for some champagne already so we popped open a bottle and played Trivial Pursuit. I lost this time. Stupid brown category.



Before we knew it, it was getting close to midnight and time to open another bottle of champagne. As you can see i don't like to waste any of the first bottle.



Second goofy smooch of the New Year :) What, you think I'd ruin the moment of the first one by taking a picture?



Since Christmas was a week ago already, I'll post pictures instead of writing much about it. We had a nice, lazy relaxing time in Madison and received a lot of great gifts from our families including the glorious George Foreman grill, coffee maker, a featherbed (so comfy), and lots of other stuff that excites us like gift cards, kitchen stuff, a cookbook, and coffee (which only excites me).

We also played games, watched movies, went bowling, consumed more alcohol and food than anyone should be able to take in in the span of a week, and built a snowman I didn't gain the expected 7 lbs on average - only 3. Luckily 2 of those pounds have already moved on to greener pastures (aka Not My Ass). I also bought myself some sweet new shoes.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=) i LOVE your shoes! thanks for the happy new year chat….the two of you need to get out more. lol. snatch?! haha. wtf? keep up the non-smoking policy. i quit! yea for me! miss you. love you. xoxo.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker