January 9, 2008

What the hell?

Something like 4 days ago, it was 9 degrees. Today, it was 63. Huh?!?

I knew it was supposed to warm up from the weather report a few days ago, and I was really annoyed by it. Until I actually saw it today on my way to work. It was a crazy scene. It's warm enough that the only snow that is really left is the stuff that is packed and stacked on the sides of the roads from the plows. There was pouring rain, there was thunder, there was lightning, and there was massive steam coming up from the snow. Most of this was happening at once, which seems kind of impossible.

Then, because that stuff wasn't enough - tornadoes touched down in Kenosha! Luckily the few people I know that live down there and their belongings are totally safe. Scary!



Actually I don't hope it stays like it was today. I just need to further prove that there is a some-e-card for everything. I want my Wisconsin winter back. I love it.

Tonight after work I headed down to a friend's house in Bayview for a book club meeting / surprise bridal shower for a friend (also one of our wedding photographers) who is getting married in just under a month. We had a great time and she was very surprised! I didn't have my camera this time, but I know that several pictures were taken, so I'm sure they will show up somewhere at some point.

Yesterday I also met a bunch of friends (formerly known as iFriends - but we're all way past that) for lunch. As usual, it was a great time - laughing until our cheeks hurt, storytelling, chit-chat about daily life - you name it! I'm so happy that I've met such a great group of women since I moved here. I probably say that a lot, but I mean it.



I'm still not smoking, and I'm still totally amazed at how easy it was for me. No, I take that back. Not "easy", but definitely FAST. I was expecting this to take several weeks and be a major pain in my ass. Instead it was 7 days. Less than 7 days, really. Yay me!

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I will make my 4th attempt at getting an appointment at the VA. I will also be looking in to Corey's medical insurance to see if it has any coverage for domestic partnerships and what falls under that category by their standards. We'll see, but I don't have my hopes up.

No comments:

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker