January 28, 2008

I’m sorry, I just can’t bash a President of the United States.

Or former President.

Republican or Democrat, love them or hate them, agree with them or disagree, I just won’t do it. I won’t count down the days until one is gone. I won’t call them bad names. Yeah, it drives me nuts when people do, but whatever, that is their right. I just think it’s silly. I remember people doing it to Clinton, and I see people doing it now to Bush. I’m sure it will continue as long as cafepress can pump out the bumper stickers. You just won’t see one on my car.

I will: laugh at things they say wrong, SNL/Daily Show/Colbert/etc skits about them (because damn it, they’re hilarious), and if I disagree, I will disagree respectfully.

I do, however, reserve the right to laugh at any and all jokes about people who are still candidates and haven’t made it to office yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ll take your allotted share of bashing and add it to mine.

Kthxbai.

Anonymous said...

L! It’s all yours.

Anonymous said...

Yeah… the Bush thing is just getting a little sad for me. And although I won’t call him names, I have to admit to counting down until he’s gone.

And I’m not even American.

Anonymous said...

Jessie, you = me. Just one more reason to be Besties!

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker