January 21, 2008

You win some, you lose some

:::sigh:::

Who am I kidding? That game sucked.

For those of you on the hypothetical short bus, I'm referring to the NFC championship game between the Packers and the Giants. Was it the Sports Illustrated curse? I'm going to go with no. There is no way a cover this cool could be the cause of something so bad.



So now the next time we watch the Packers play, we'll be an old married couple. Sweet.

Anyway...

The last couple days of our lives have been pretty eventful by our standards. Target had a big scratching post on sale, and my cats of have desperate for something to climb and claw on. Let me tell you - the entertainment this thing has provided for the humans of the house has made it worth every penny. Especially with the addition of catnip. [Please disregard the strange timing of the commercial containing unattractive men in a sauna. Yes, my Christmas cards are still stuck to the walls.]



Zoey's ass is clearly too big for the top level of this thing, but that definitely does not stop her from trying to squeeze in every ounce of cat that she possibly can. As soon as she falls asleep, limbs start hanging.



In other news, a tree fell on my dad's car this morning. He's fine - he was inside, but he heard it happen. Neighborhood drama has ensued. Apparently the lady who is the proud owner of the tree has previously been informed by the city that it was unsafe. I guess the roof of the car is smashed in. He only has liability insurance on it, but it is starting to sound like the neighbor lady might be buying his next car anyway. We'll see what happens.





I have a new, slightly materialistic object of my affection. It's a BlackBerry Pearl, and we're in love.



Now, when I'm bored and sitting on my ass at work finished with my grad school homework and getting fantastical grades, I can use my email, read blogs, espn, talk to people on messenger, check facebook, and all kinds of other stuff. I can even use it to connect my laptop to the internet, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I can sync it with google calendar and use it as a planner which I also love. I am still learning how to do a lot of stuff on it, but the things I can do already make me squeal with delight :)

Did I mention I got it for FREE? A guy my mom works with had an extra one. Just laying around. It's good to have a mom that works for a wireless company.

Here is a picture I took with it earlier of one of my apartment complex's snow plows not doing jack shit as usual. I hate that they have 3 of these things and don't know how to use them. I will undoubtedly be unable to get out of the parking lot to get to work tomorrow. taking a well deserved break.



I left work an hour early today - hopefully nobody noticed. If they did, my defense is that if I was going to slide into a ditch on my way home, I wanted it to be during daylight so I could see what was coming. I made it, but right now we've got about 8 inches of snow for today and it isn't supposed to let up until sometime tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I'm going to go take a bath in an attempt to get sleepy while Corey watches this super depressing Life After People show on the History Channel. The graphics on this show have been cool, but not cool enough for me to watch simulations of house pets going wild or starving to death among many, many other debbie-downer earth population = ZERO things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Packers (even though, coming from Chicago, I was always told to hate them). If they had won, I would have pretended to be a Patriots fan and had some nice trash-talking with you, but I guess I don’t need to carry out that charade now…lol.

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaiting your FB response to my inquiry over how much on sale these were. Crossing fingers Samwise gets a new gym…

Anonymous said...

L! We watched Life After People too. I thought it was interesting….

Anonymous said...

It was definitely interesting, but also very depressing. I actually ended up watching the whole thing with him. Oh well.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker